Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Sunkissed Scarf


I have been busy sourcing yarn for my store and stumbled upon the lovely Spud and Chloe. Unfortunately they do not supply to online-only stores but I still love their collection nonetheless. I'm sure you'd agree with me if you've ever had the chance to work with it!

I picked out this Outer, Super Bulky yarn for Amber and thought it would make a cosy, warm scarf just in time for winter.  It is made up of superwash 65% wool and 35% organic cotton, perfect for littlies as it is not at all scratchy. This size would probably fit any 3 to 5 year old.  Here is the simple single-ribbed pattern I came up with which you could probably complete within just a couple of evenings, or if you're really quick, just a few hours!

Materials:
1 skein x 100g Spud and Chloe Outer, Super Bulky in Sunkissed colour (7206)
1 pair of 10mm single-pointed needles

Pattern:
CO 9 stitches.
Row 1: K1, *(P1, K1), repeat * till end of row.
Row 2: P1, *(K1, P1), repeat * till end of row.
Repeat Rows 1 & 2 till skein is almost finished, leaving enough yarn at the end for tassels if desired.
(I measured out my tassels before I finished the knitting just so I knew I absolutely had enough yarn.)
Weave in ends. Add tassels.

And there you have it, a lovely, simple scarf for your special little someone! :)

 


3 comments: